You can use the Scan To App to scan to a folder on your Windows PC using the Address Book. Before you begin:
- From a configuration report, obtain the IP address of the printer.
- Ensure that HTTPS is enabled.
- Ensure that the primary network is configured for the network type for your device.
- Locate and record the IP address and host name of your PC. For details, refer to How To Obtain the IP Address and Host Name of your Windows Computer
- On your PC, disable the Sharing Wizard. For details, refer to How To Disable the Sharing Wizard on Your Windows Computer
- On your PC, set up a shared folder as a repository for your scanned images.
To configure scanning to a folder on your desktop using the Address Book:
- In the Embedded Web Server, click Address Book > Add Contact.
- Type the first name and last name of the new contact.
- If necessary, type the company name of the new contact.
- For Network (SMB), click the Plus icon (+), then enter the following information:
- Nickname: Enter the name that you want to appear in the Address Book.
- Type: Select the network connection type.
Note: It is recommended that you select Host Name as the connection type. If the IP address changes, a connection to the server is maintained typically through the host name.
- IP Address/Host Name: Port: Based on the network type selected, in the first field, enter the IP address or host name of your PC. In the second field, enter the default port number.
Note: The user name and password required in steps 6 and 7 are the same credentials that are used to log in to the PC where the designated shared folder resides.