The Remote Control Panel allows you to access the control panel of the printer from a Web browser. By default, for closed systems, only system administrators can enable the Remote Control Panel feature. For open systems, all users can enable and access the Remote Control Panel feature.
- In order to use the Remote Control Panel, HTTPS must be enabled on the device. For details, refer to Enable HTTPS at the Embedded Web Server.
- Once the Remote Control Panel has been enabled by a system administrator, all users can access the feature.
- If the device is being used by a local user when a remote user request is sent, the local user must accept the remote user request at the device.
- Only one Remote Control Panel session can be active at a time.
- If a remote user request is sent by a system administrator, the system administrator can override the local user.
- System administrators have the ability to override and stop an existing general user remote session.
To configure the Remote Control Panel feature to allow user access, use the Permissions option.
- In the Embedded Web Server, log in as administrator, then click Home.
- In the Quick Links area, click Remote Control Panel.
- To enable the Remote Control Panel, touch the Enable toggle button, then click Close.
- To configure user access to the Remote Control Panel, click Permissions→Roles→Device User Roles, then select the following:
- For the user role for which you want to configure permissions, click Edit.
- For Device Website Permissions, click Custom Permissions.
- Click Setup.
- Click Remote Control.
- For Access Remote Control, click Allow.
- Click OK.
- Click Close, then click OK.
- To return to the Home screen, click the Home button.