General and Group Accounts
You can create a group account to track and limit the number of copies, prints, scans, and faxes for a group of users. The number of copies, prints, scans, and faxes of each user are tracked against the user account and the group account. You can limit the usage for each user.
You can create a general account to track the total usage for a group of users. The number of copies, prints, scans, and faxes of each user are not tracked against the user account. The usage is only tracked against the general account. You cannot specify usage limits for a general account.
If a user is associated with a group account and a general account, they can access the printer using the accounting code for either account. Individual copies, prints, scans, and faxes, are tracked against the user and group accounts if the user accesses the printer using the group account. If the user accesses the printer using a general account, the usage is only tracked against the general account and not the user account.
- Access the Embedded Web Server and login as System Administrator. See the Related Content section for additional information.
- In the Embedded Web Server, click Properties > Login/Permissions/Accounting > Accounting Methods.
- Create an Account:
- In the Configuration Settings area, for Group and General Accounts, click Edit.
- Click the Group Accounts tab or the General Accounts tab.
- For Add New Group Account, type a unique Account ID number. Type a unique Account Name for the new group.
- Click Add Account.
- Skip to step 3.
- On the Group and General Accounts page, click Group Accounts or General Accounts.
- To edit the account name, or assign users to an account, under Actions, click Edit.
- To assign users to the account, select the check box next to a user ID.
- To edit the Account Name, under Account Name, type a new name.
- Click Save.
- To view usage details for an account, under Actions, click View Usage.
- To delete an account, in the table at the bottom of the page, select the check box next to the account and click Delete Selected.
- Skip to step 3.