Before you scan to an email address, ensure that you configure the printer with the email server information. For additional information see the Related Content.
To scan an image and send it to an email address:
- Load the original document on the document glass or into the duplex automatic document feeder. For additional information see the Related Content.
- At the control panel, touch the Home button.
- Touch Scan To.
- Enter recipients:
- To enter the email address manually, touch Email, then enter an email address. Touch Enter.
- To select a contact or group from the Address Book, touch Contacts.
- To save the scanned document as a specific file name, touch the attachment file name, then enter a new name using the touch screen keypad. Touch Enter.
- To save the scanned document as a specific file format, touch the attachment file format, then select the required format.
Note: To make scanned documents searchable, your system administrator can enable the Searchable feature.
- Adjust scanning options as needed.
- To change the subject line, from Email Features, touch Subject, then enter a new subject line using the touch screen keypad. Touch Enter.
- To change the email body message, from Email Features, touch Message, then enter a new message. Touch OK.
- To begin the scan, touch Scan.
- If you are scanning from the document glass, when prompted, to finish, touch Done, or to scan another page, touch Add Page.
Note: If you are scanning a document from the automatic document feeder, a prompt does not appear.
- To return to the Home screen, press the Home button.