The Embedded Web Server is the administration and configuration software installed in the printer. It allows you to configure and administer the printer from a Web browser.
NOTE: When using the printer as a local printer via USB, the printer's web interface can not be used.
The Embedded Web Server requires:
- A TCP/IP connection between the printer and the network in Windows, Macintosh, UNIX, or Linux environments.
- TCP/IP and HTTP enabled in the printer.
Accessing the Embedded Web Server:
- From a computer on the same network as the printer, open a Web browser window.
- Enter the IP address of the printer in the Address field, and then press Enter or Return.
IMPORTANT: Some features or settings are only visible or adjustable when logged in as a System Administrator. To log in as a System Administrator:
- Click on the Log In button at the top, right of the page. The User Accounts window will be displayed.
- Click on Admin.
- Enter the System Administrator password in the field provided.
For software versions earlier than PL6 (XX.5X.XX), the default administrator password is 1111. For software versions PL6 (XX.5X.XX) or later, the default administrator password is the device serial number. You can obtain the serial number from the back of the printer, from the configuration report, or from the home page of the Embedded Web Server. The password is case-sensitive.
Note: Upgrading to PL6 (XX.5X.XX) does not change the administrator password. If you reset to the device to factory defaults, the administrator password changes to the device serial number for versions PL6 (XX.5X.XX) or later of the software.
- Click on the Log In button.
To Log Out of the System Administrator Mode:
- Click on Admin at the top, right of the page.
- Click on Log Out.