Cloning allows you to save your current printer settings to a file to use as a backup and restore file for your printer. You can also use a clone file to copy your printer settings to other printers.
NOTE: If you are using a clone file to copy your printer settings to another printer, ensure that both printers are the same model and have the same version of software installed.
To determine the software version:
- In Xerox® CentreWare® Internet Services, click Properties > General Setup > Configuration.
- To verify the software installed on your printer, scroll down to Printer Setup.
Creating a Clone File
- In Xerox® CentreWare® Internet Services, click Properties > General Setup > Cloning.
- Select the features to clone to other printers. All features are selected by default.
- To view the specific attributes that can be cloned for individual features, click View Feature Details.
- Click Clone.
- To download the clone file, for Cloning Instructions, click the Cloning.dlm file.