WARNING: It is highly recommended to consult with your Network or System Administrator before performing any software (firmware) update. Some updates may cause the machine to become non-compliant and cease to work as intended with the environment in which it is installed.
To check the printer's current firmware version:
- Print a Configuration Page. See the Related Content for additional information.
- Look under the General Information section on the first page that is printed. The current firmware version will be displayed next to "Firmware Versions".
To update the printer's firmware using CentreWare Internet Services (CWIS):
CAUTION: Some printer settings will be changed from their present value back to the factory default value as a result of the firmware upgrade. Print a Configuration Page to be used as reference to restore the printer's settings after the firmware update is complete.
NOTE: CWIS can only be accessed if the printer is connected to a network that utilizes the TCP/IP protocol. The printer must also contain a valid IP address.
- From a computer, open an Internet web browser.
- Enter the IP address of the printer in the Address field, and then press [Enter].
- Click on the [Print] button.
- Click on the [File Download] link in the list of options on the left side of the window.
- Depending on the browser being used, click on the [Browse] or [Choose File] button, and then browse to and select the file to be downloaded to the printer.
- Click on the blue, square button to send the file to the printer.