The paper trays accommodate most sizes and types of paper, transparencies, or other specialty stock. For best results, use Xerox printing paper stock specified for the Phaser printer. This stock is guaranteed to produce excellent results with the printer.
CAUTION: The Xerox warranty, service agreement, or Total Satisfaction Guarantee does not cover damage caused by using unsupported paper, transparencies, and other specialty stock. The Total Satisfaction Guarantee is available in the United States and Canada. Coverage may vary elsewhere, so contact your local Sales representative for details.
- Use only recommended Xerox transparencies; print quality may vary with other transparencies.
- Do not print on label stock once a label has been removed from a sheet.
- Use business / official and Baronial style envelopes with diagonal seams only.
- Do not overload the paper tray. Do not load stock above the maximum fill line located on the inside of the paper guide.
- Adjust the paper guides to fit the paper size. For Paper Trays 2, 3, and 4, the paper guides click into place when positioned correctly.
- If excessive paper jams occur, use paper,transparencies, or other specialty stock from a new package.
- Custom size paper can only be printed from Paper Tray 1.
- Use paper envelopes only. Do not use envelopes with windows, metal clasps, or adhesives with release strips.
- Fan paper, transparencies, or other specialty media before loading them in the paper tray.
- When using pre-punched paper (drilled), load the paper so that the holes are on the right side of the tray. Adjust print and copy margins to accommodate the pre-punched holes.
Paper that can damage the printer:
The printer is designed to use a variety of paper types for print jobs; however, some paper can cause poor output quality, increased paper jams, or damage to the printer such as:
- Rough or porous media
- Paper that has been photocopied
- Paper with cut-outs or perforations
- Paper with a pre-punched (drilled) holes in the center of the short edge
- Paper with staples attached
- Envelopes with windows, metal clasps, side seams, or adhesives with release strips
All envelopes should be printed single-sided only. Use paper envelopes only. Some wrinkling and embossing may occur when printing envelopes.
Load these envelopes in any paper tray:
- #10 Commercial (105 x 241 mm / 4.12 x 9.5 in.)
- DL (110 x 220 mm / 4.3 x 8.6 in.)
- C5 (162 x 229 mm / 6.4 x 9 in.) side flap only
Load these envelopes in Paper Tray 1 only:
- #5-1/2 Baronial (112 x 147 mm / 4.4 x 5.8 in.)
- #6-3/4 (92 x 165 mm / 3.6 x 6.5 in.)
- Monarch (98 x 191 mm / 3.9 x 7.5 in.)
- #6 Booklet (152 x 229 mm / 6 x 9 in.)
- A7 (133 x 184 mm / 5.25 x 7.25 in.)
Custom sizes for Paper Tray 1 Only:
Width: 76 to 216 mm (3 to 8.5 in.)
Height: 127 to 356 mm (5 to 14 in.)
Margins: 5 mm (.2 in.) on all sides
Supported Paper Sizes and Weights:
Paper Tray 1 paper weight: 60 to 220 g/m2 (16 to 55 lb) bond paper, and 60 to 300 g/m2 (16 to 80 lb) cover stock.
Paper Trays 2, 3, and 4 paper weight: 60 to 220 g/m2 (16 to 55 lb) bond paper, and 135 to 300 g/m2 (16 to 80 lb) cover stock.
|Paper Types||Paper Sizes Metric / Imperial||Any Tray||Tray 1 Only||Two-sided printing||One-sided printing only|
|Index Card||79 x 127 mm||3 x 5 in.||No||Yes||No||Yes|
|Statement||140 x 216 mm||5.5 x 8.5 in.||Yes||No||Yes||No|
|Executive||184 x 267 mm||7.25 x 10.5 in.||Yes||No||Yes||No|
|Letter||216 x 279 mm||8.5 x 11 in.||Yes||No||Yes||No|
|Card Stock||Yes (100 to 122 g/m2 / 28 to 80 lb) cover stock||Yes (123 to 163 g/m2 / 50 to 80 lb) cover stock||Yes (100 to 122 g/m2 / 28 to 32 lb) cover stock||Yes (123 to 163 g/m2 / 50 – 60 lb) cover stock|
|Special -Phaser Professional Solid Ink Business Cards||No||Yes||No|
|Special -Phaser Professional Solid Ink High Resolution Photo Paper||Yes||No||No||Yes|
|Special -Phaser Premium Postcards||Yes||No||Yes||No|
|Special -Phaser Weatherproof Paper||Yes||No||Yes||No|
|Folio||216 x 332 mm||8.5 x 13 in.||Yes||No||Yes||No|
|Legal||216 x 356 mm||8.5 x 14 in.||Yes||No||Yes||No|
|A4||210 x 297 mm||8.3 x 11.7 in.||Yes||No||Yes||No|
|A5||148 x 210 mm||5.9 x 8.3 in.||Yes||No||Yes||No|
|A6||105 x 148 mm||4.1 x 5.8 in.||No||Yes||No||Yes|
|B5 JIS||182 x 257 mm||7.2 x 10.1 in.||Yes||No||Yes||No|
|B5 ISO||176 x 250 mm||6.9 x 9.8 in.||Yes||No||Yes||No|
The following is a list of papers that have had ink-bonding issues:
- Gilbert 25% cotton 75 g/m2 (20 lb) (North America)
- Neusiedler Nautilus 80 g/m2 (20 lb) (Europe)
- Husky Xerocopy DP 75 g/m2 (20 lb) (North America)
- Boise Cascade 60 g/m2 (16 lb) bond paper (North America)
- Microprint Multi-system 75 g/m2 (20 lb) (North America)
- Eureka! 100% 75 g/m2 (20 lb) (North America)
- Hammermill CopyPlus 75 g/m2 (20 lb) (North America)
- Xerox Exclusive 80 g/m2 (20 lb) (Europe)
- Inveresk Repeat Laser Copier, 100% Recycled 80 g/m2 (20 lb) (Europe)
- Nekoosa Xerocopy 75 g/m2 (20 lb) (North America)
NOTE: White specks may occur within the watermark of watermarked paper.