When installing the printer, you can use the Xerox Easy Wireless Setup program to configure the wireless settings.
Disable WiFi Direct at the Control Panel
- Press the [Machine Status] button.
- Press the Up/Down arrows to select [Network] and press [OK].
- If prompted, enter the Administrator Password using the alphanumerical keypad. The default is 1111.
- Press the up/down arrows to select [Wi-Fi] and press [OK].
- Press the up/down arrows to select [Wi-Fi Direct] and press [OK].
- At the Wi-Fi On/Off menu, press [OK].
- Confirm that Off is selected and press [OK] to save the settings.
To Open the Program on Windows PC:
- Select Start>Xerox Printers > Xerox Easy Wireless Setup.
Note: For Windows 7: Select Start > Programs or All Programs > Xerox Printers, and then select Xerox Easy Wireless Setup.
- Connect the machine to your computer using the USB cable.
Note: During installation, the printer needs to be temporarily connected using the USB cable.
Note: You cannot use the Phaser 3052 / 3260, WorkCentre 3025 or WorkCentre 3215 / 3225 models on a wired and wireless network at the same time. If your printer is connected to the network with an Ethernet cable, unplug the cable.
- Select Next.
- Once the machine is connected to the computer with the USB cable, the program searches for WLAN data.
- When the search is complete, the Select Wireless Network window displays. Select your network from the list.
- Select Next. The Wireless Network Security screen displays.
- Enter your Network Password and select Next.
- At the Wi-Fi Direct Settings screen, uncheck the box next to Yes, I want to turn on Wi-Fi Direct on my printer.
- Select Next.
- Click Finish when the Wireless Network Setup Complete screen displays.