Before starting, ensure that the following items are available and/or the tasks have been performed:
- Make sure that the machine is fully functioning on the network.
- TCP/IP and HTTP protocols must be enabled on the machine so that the machine web browser can be accessed. Make sure that the DNS settings are configured correctly.
- Obtain the address of a functional SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) mail server that accepts inbound mail traffic.
- Create an e-mail account which the machine will use as the default From address.
- Test the e-mail account by sending an e-mail to the machine’s account. This task should be completed at a mail client on your network that supports SMTP and POP3 (Post Office Protocol 3).
- At your workstation, open the web browser and enter the IP Address of the machine in the Address Bar.
- Press Enter.
- Select Properties.
- If prompted, enter the Administrator User Name (admin) and Password (1111), and select Login. Select Properties.
- In the Network Settings link select the Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) link.
- In the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) area:
- Enter the IP or host name of the SMTP Server.
- Enter the Port Number. The Port field can have a value from 1 to 65535. The default Port Number is 25.
- Select the SMTP Requires Authentication check box if your mail server requires the machine to log in.
- Enter details in the Login ID and Password fields required for the machine to authenticate at the mail server.
- Enter a password in the Confirm Password field.
- Select POP3 Authentication to enable this option and enter the required settings.
- In the Advanced area, select Secure E-mail Connection with SSL/TLS if this option is required.
- Enter a value for server connection timeout in the SMTP Server Connection Timeout field. The range is 30 - 120 seconds, and the default is 30 seconds.
- Enter the required details for the Default From Address.
- From the Maximum Message Size drop-down menu, select a value between 1MB - 10MB. Larger scans will be sent as multiple e-mail messages, divided at page breaks.
- Select the SMTP Configuration Test button to test your settings.
- Select Apply to save the changes.
- Select OK when the acknowledgment message displays.