Note: Power on the computer and the printer with the USB Cable connected to see if Windows 7 will already have a driver loaded for the printer.
- Depending on the type of file that was downloaded (.exe or .zip), perform one of the following options:
- For .exe files: Double-click on the (.exe) file to open the file and run it. Make a note of where the files will be extracted to or choose a different location on the computer.
- For .zip files: Right-click on the file and select [Extract All]. Select a location for the files to be extracted to, make a note of the location, and then click on [Extract].
- Click on [View Devices and Printers] under the Hardware and Sound category.
- Double-click on [Devices and Printers] (if viewing by icons).
- Click on [Add a Printer] at the top of the window.
- Click on [Add a Local Printer].