It is important to determine the version of software that is installed on the printer as the steps to perform certain tasks may differ depending on the version.
To Find the Printer's Software Version
From the Control Panel:
- Press the Machine Status button.
- If necessary, select the Machine Information tab.The software version will be displayed under Software Version.
Using CentreWare Internet Services (CWIS):
- Access CentreWare Internet Services.
- From a computer on the same network as the printer, open an Internet browser window.
- Enter the IP address of the printer in the Address field, and then press Enter on the keyboard. The CentreWare Internet Services home page will be displayed.
- Click on the Status tab.
- Click on Configuration Report on the left side of the screen.
- Select Software Versions from the list displayed. The software version will be displayed next to System Software.
On the Configuration Report:
Look under the Common User Data section for the System Software Version. The version will be listed as xxx.xxx.xxx.xxxxx. To print a Configuration Report:
- At the printer Control Panel, press the Machine Status button.
- On the Machine Information tab, select Information Pages > Configuration Report > Print.