Smart eSolutions is a suite of features that simplifies printer ownership and administration. It provides free services to enable administration of metered billing and supplies replenishment plans for printers on a network.
Before you can use Smart eSolutions, register the printer for Smart eSolutions. There are three ways to register the printer for Smart eSolutions:
- Automatic registration is available as a standard feature on many printer models.
- Xerox® Device Agent-Lite is an option for small and medium-sized businesses. To download the client, see the link to Smart eSolutions in the Related Content section.
- Xerox® CentreWare® Web is a browser-based software tool that installs, configures, manages, monitors, and reports on all network printers and multifunction printers, regardless of manufacturer. Xerox CentreWare Web is suited for large enterprise businesses. For details, see the link to CentreWare Web in the Related Content section.
NOTE: Smart eSolutions is not available in all countries. See your Xerox representative for details.
Before You Begin
- If your network uses an HTTP proxy server, provide information about your proxy server on the HTTP Proxy Server page.
- Ensure that the printer recognizes your DNS server. See the Related Content for additional information.
Enabling Smart eSolutions
- In Xerox® CentreWare® Internet Services, click Status > SMart eSolutions.
- For Smart eSolutions, click Settings.
- For Enrollment, select Enrolled.
- For Daily Transaction Time, type the time of day that you want the printer to communicate with Xerox.
- If your network uses an HTTP proxy server, provide information about your proxy server on the HTTP Proxy Server page. For HTTP Proxy Server, click Configure.
- To test communication, click Test Communication Now.
- Click Apply.