Before you begin:
- Ensure that TCP/IP and HTTP are enabled. A TCP/IP or HTTP connection is required to access the Embedded Web Server.
- To determine the IP address of your printer, do one of the following:
- Obtain a Configuration Report.
- At the control panel, press the Machine Status button.
The default administrator password is the device serial number. You can obtain the serial number from the back of the printer, from the configuration report, or from the home page of the Embedded Web Server. You can get the serial number from the control panel touch screen. At the control panel, press the Machine Status button, then on the touch screen, select Device Information. The serial number is in the General Information area of the touch screen. The password is case-sensitive.
To access the Embedded Web Server:
- At your computer, open a Web browser.
- In the address field, type the IP address of your printer. Press Enter. The Embedded Web Server screen appears.
- You can access the printer using a combination of the host name and the domain name as the Internet address. A DNS (Domain Name System) is required. The DNS server requires that the printer host name is registered.
- To specify a port number, for the IP address, type : and the port number.
- Click the Properties tab.
- If prompted, type the user name and password of the administrator account, then confirm the login request.
You can access any administrator functions within the Embedded Web Server.