Printing a Job from your Networked PC
You can submit the following file types directly from your network-enabled desktop computer, with either your Internet browser, or nearly any desktop application:
To submit a print job from your PC using a web browser or applet
- Determine the IP address of the Xerox Nuvera. Consult your System Administrator.
- Launch your web browser (IE 4/ Netscape 6.2 or greater). Type the IP address in the browser's address bar.
- After a few moments, the web-based user interface appears. Select either Job Submission to submit a print ready job from the browser or Job Submission Applet to submit a print ready job using FreeFlow Print Manager Applet. If you choose the FreeFlow Print Manager software, follow the on-screen directions to install the Java applet.
To submit a print job directly from a networked PC application
This requires that you download and install the appropriate print drivers on your desktop system. Ask your System Administrator to install the drivers from the CD that came with the Xerox Nuvera. For more details on available drivers, see Available Client and Print Drivers.
Download the appropriate driver from the Xerox website. Once you have downloaded the driver. Follow the screen instructions to install it, adding the Xerox Nuvera to your list of available printers.
With the driver installed and the printer added to your list of available printers, you can print directly from any desktop application.
- When you are ready to print from the desktop application, select [File: Print]. The print window appears.
- Make any selections to configure your document for output.
- When you are satisfied with your settings, click <OK>.
- Your document is sent to the Xerox Nuvera and printed.
To manage print jobs submitted from a networked PC
With the Xerox Nuvera in Pause mode, you can submit print jobs from a client workstation, then retrieve them at the Xerox Nuvera, apply further job programming, and release for final printing. Also, you can send jobs with the Hold option and the job will be held in Job Manager, with no need to pause the printer. For details, see Managing Print Jobs.
Using Hot Folders from the Queue Manager
The Hot Folders feature on the DocuSP user interface allows you to drag and drop your print-ready jobs from your networked PC into a Hot Folder. The Hot Folder places the job in a queue on the Xerox Nuvera System. Once the job is submitted to the queue, it will automatically print at a specified time and then be deleted from the Hot Folder.
Hot Folders are activated in Queue Manager. For more information on Queue Manager and how to use the Hot Folders feature, see Working with Queues.
More information about printing from the desktop
Refer to the CentreWare Printer Driver Guide on the CentreWare Printer Driver CD in the Customer Materials kit.